Sunday, September 2, 2012

2nd Trimester

I am officially  beginning my second trimester. With the few resources I have on being pregnant with narcolepsy, I have learned that this trimester is supposed to contain a "burst of energy." I am still waiting for that. So far, my symptoms have gotten worse. My motivation is shot and I could and it is likely that I will sleep for an entire day. Although, in my defense, the almost daily migraines don't help my need to nap.

I was excited for other symptoms to lessen as well. That has not happened. While my appetite is back and I'm able to eat salty foods again, my nausea has turned into full on morning sickness. I'm hoping that since I am still so early in the trimester that everything will even out and things will go smoothly here pretty soon, but I've never been known to be an optimist.

I started school again last week. So far, so good. I am super stressed about that since I don't have medication to keep me awake and focused during classes. I am also stressed about everything we need to get done with the house before March. While March still seems so far away, I know it will take all of that time, if not more, to finish all the projects. Luckily, we are going into winter which means we will be stuck at home for the most part with nothing better to do than put down tile, paint, fix bathrooms, and whatnot.

We did have our first ultrasound at 10 weeks. That really made it real for Brian, I'm still feeling kinda weird. I know it's real, but it's still kinda dream-like (yes, even with all the obvious symptoms). I'm looking forward to my future appointments and being able to have updates. I figure eventually those will help make it more real.

One of my biggest dislikes about all of this nausea and morning sickness is that I can't stand on my feet for long periods of time which means it is hard for me to cook. I love cooking for Brian and I and since we found out, I have done very little cooking. I have a ton of recipes I'd love to try, but actually prepping and cooking is a near impossible task. I can't wait to start cooking again.

Well, I guess that's all I have for now. I need to get to the pharmacy and pick up my happy anti-nausea pills so I can get to cleaning this house before Brian gets home from his hunting weekend. Poor guy did so well hunting and I'm not going to be able to stomach cooking or eating what he brings home. At least he knew well enough in advance to ask so he didn't bring home a bunch of extras. I think he's going to leave most of what he has with family. He's such a good husband. 

*I just re-read this post and it seems a lot more down than I intended it to be. Brian and I are incredibly excited. We know we have a lot of work ahead of us, but that doesn't stop us. I asked Brian the other day to help me come up with a "cutesy" name for baby. He decided to go super original and pick "Peanut" BUT, he will call it "Nut." It's kinda cute when he actually does call it Nut. I also love watching him with our dogs, it makes me smile. He is so incredible with them, I can only imagine he will be 100 times better with our baby. 

Current Cravings: Sweet foods, baked goods (don't have the energy to make them though :) ), pickles, spaghettio's

Current Aversions: Nothing comes to mind, but, if I think about eating something that's when I'll figure out whether it's an aversion or not.

Current Symptoms: Dead tired, nose bleeds, morning sickness

No comments:

Post a Comment